Durgapur girls


01-Jun-2019 07:50

NH 14 (old numbering NH 60) passes through the north-western suburb of Pandabeswar and finally passes through Raniganj and heads away towards Orissa.It happens to be one of the very few cities that have an Asian Highway (AH) passing directly through the city jurisdiction.(now Birla Cement) (established 1975), Graphite India Ltd. (DCL) was incorporated on 31 July 1963, Ispat Forgings and many others, large and small. In 1906, the subdivisional headquarters was shifted to Burdwan and the subdivision renamed accordingly. It was established on 15 September 1970 and was affiliated to the University of Burdwan. It is funded and administered by the Government of West Bengal.A great new industrial city was bubbling with enthusiasm. In 1910, the police stations in Asansol subdivision were Asansol, Ranigunj, Kanksa, Faridpur and Barakar. Direct administrative control lies with the Director of Public Instruction, Higher Education Directorate, Government of West Bengal.The nearest domestic airport is Kazi Nazrul Islam International Airport.

Durgapur has bus termini at Benachiti-I, Benachiti-II (commonly referred as Prantika), City Center, and Station Morh.It started with the first prime minister of independent India, Jawaharlal Nehru. The modernist American architect Joseph Allen Stein, invited to head the newly formed Department of Architecture and Planning at the Bengal Engineering College in Calcutta, plunged into a major project as soon as he reached India in 1952 – the designing of Durgapur city with Benjamin Polk, another American architect already living in Calcutta. Before independence, only one small refractory plant of the Martin Burn group was located at Durgapur: the abandoned chimney is visible near the station.His dream of transforming the backward agricultural country into an industrially advanced nation was picked up in West Bengal by Dr. Thereafter it was the task of local leaders such as Ananda Gopal Mukherjee and bureaucrats such as K. Damodar Valley Corporation constructed Durgapur Barrage in 1955 and shortly followed with the Durgapur Thermal Power Station. Once the British settled down to ruling the country in the nineteenth century, they started effecting administrative changes.They are followed by the monsoon season with heavy precipitation and somewhat lower temperatures.

Durgapur receives most of its annual rainfall of around 52 inches during this season.One bus terminus is coming up at Nadiha, but only for inter-city commuting.